Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cheer day for the country of my birth!

I've been not following the game of cricket for a while now...Yeah, since the late 90s, my teen days-the good old carefree days...

And the 2003- 2007 World Cups for the country were so bad, many of us( I wasn't a fan anymore), more so the fans were so disheartened...

But the Indo Pak is always a nail biting one, and I had to check it out on the 30th of March even though I was so many miles away from there...

And April 2nd, 2011, for sure goes down in History as a big day for cricket....


India are the cricket world champions now. Wow is all I can say. It was wonderful to witness the historic moment.

The tweets by celebs and normal folks were overwhelming.They all seemed to tweet their hearts out, so did I more since the India- Pak Mohali match.

Well, they play better in their home ground, but the team is good, the match with Sri Lanka was competitive and the losing captain gave a great speech too.

I've been an admirer of Sachin Tendulkar for years now, since I was a kid. And to see him enjoy this moment after playing 5 world cups was amazing in itself. The master blaster is sure one of a kind, in a league of his own( I read how the wonderful meeting between the very amazing Don Bradman and Sachin had happened years ago) and will remain India's pride forever.


The celebration continues for the cricket crazy nation and will do so for a while now... A happy day indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment