Friday, December 31, 2010

Babetude's sweet musings...

The year gone by taught me a lot. Each day does so and as I grow older I feel it even more...Learning and getting wiser sure can make life so much better.

It was the first year, the most part of which I spent out of the country of my birth-India. Something new for me but the best part was learning more, from new people of the world and broadening my horizons.That's why traveling is considered a great education,an eye opener by many.

It's nice to increase knowledge, become a more substantial person, not someone who gets carried away by frivolous stuff. Learning is a never ending process indeed!

Someone was right when she reminded her online friends on a networking site to be careful of the company we keep as it ultimately has an effect on what we become."When a dove starts associating with crows his feathers may stay white but his heart will darken. Watch who you work or keep company with..."

I'm glad at last after quite a few years of wait, I finally got the company of a few wise and spiritual beings.

Apart from all that, I enjoyed some good stage acting which is the real deal in the world of acting.My all time favorite classic actor Monty Clift was a dedicated and natural Broadway actor. So were many other greats.

I never had any great feeling about stars. Even after working in the Indian entertainment industry for a while, I never fell for the charms of any star.Sadly most of them are non actors. Except for the likes of the very talented and intelligent Aamir Khan.

I want good acting, good performances and that's it. From the time I grew aware, I never was a big fan of commercial movies. I like to treat cinema as an art.

Why should one flow with the tide and like what the majority like? It's always better to create your own space and choices but then they should be wise and good to.Definitely it's not advisable to live in a fool's paradise...

I have appreciated theater quite a bit. But then due to the busy schedule I never got to check out Prithvi theater much in Mumbai. I plan to do it properly in my visit to Mumbai in the new year. Checking out a play here in Trinidad & Tobago was a special experience too.

Some of these actors really do treat acting as an art.It's not about earning money for them.They have zero stage fright and they are really natural. Kudos to them, since unlike film and TV actors they don't have the privilege of retakes.

In life too, one can call oneself actors like how the famous quote says- "All the world's a stage and we are all actors and actresses."

We are all here to play a part so it's better we play it damn well. Of course it's better we play the parts genuinely and be ourselves. Hypocrisy sucks.So it's not about taking the 'acting' word too literally!

On a similar note, I really love ballet(in fact good dance forms as a whole) too and Natalie Portman. She's not just a star but a great actress as well.

This one ain't no ordinary star. She's someone who has balance in her life- a good career since childhood, attractiveness,class, poise and she's also someone who cares about family.And balance in life is very, very important. I shall keep this opinion about her intact always.

Hence 'Black Swan' is the movie for me. I follow her on twitter and got many details when it released in December. The reactions have been very positive.

But it hasn't released as yet where I stay.

Waiting for the same with great anticipation. The reviews have been good too.But I guess it's a more like a movie for the intelligent viewer or the ones who take acting, story and direction seriously.


Stage acting is the real deal.

And as felt by me too along with the critics, cinema lovers,film makers, she's been nominated for the Golden Globe for the movie and is likely to get an Oscar nomination.

Just as I felt and also expressed on my blog once in June that she'll become a mom soon( almost predicted:-), Nat is pregnant.That's another big blessing in the season of joy apart from making the career shine so bright.


And it seems she finally found her right man-Benjamin Millepied.He's a principal ballet dancer and a ballet choreographer of international reputation. And they got close during the making of the movie.

She has got engaged. I'm so happy for her.

Someone knowledgeable with a sense of humor thinks he has a name which is good for children story books. Well, if all goes well, this could end up as being a lovely fairy tale with a beautiful story of it's own!

I saw Nat grow up on screen from 'Leon' when I was a little girl myself to now 'Black Swan'.

But this happy reality also makes us realize something else very important. Time flies very fast indeed. So one needs to make the best of what one has in life.

Take care of health, career, life as a whole and be positive, progressive, constructive and also harmless. I like what a few wise folks say: Do as you like as long as it harms none.

And yes, everything has a time.It's always good to do things in life with the time factor in mind.

2011 should be another phase in my life as well. Motherhood is a must for any woman to feel complete.Okay, more so for the ones who are my type.

And I have always loved little girls and wish to mentor a beautiful little one and make her into a good citizen of the world, something which I didn't get so much in life. I kind of grew up on my own. If I have a son(God's will is going to decide that)I would happily say like how a historical figure once did: "You are not what you were supposed to be, but that doesn't mean I'll love you any less."

Seriously in the not very kind of world, and even more competitive world of today it's a big blessing to have great citizens and role models such as Natalie Portman,Dakota Fanning, Mark Zuckerberg and Google founder Sergey Mikhaylovich Brin at home. Blessed are their parents!

Here again we have to pick up names from the celeb list because the commoner is hardly known by the majority but yes, thankfully there are a few good people who make the world a better place.


Happy New Year everyone.A New day will dawn and a New Year is here. May peace, love, justice reign supreme...

And definitely learn from the lessons of the past and try be better for days of 'Auld Lang Syne'(an evergreen lovely song)...

See you all in 2011 soon with some more wise and entertaining talk.





1 comment:

  1. Well, Natalie has won the Golden Globe for best actress. That's wonderful! Looks like next would be conquering the Oscar. Some predictions of mine(and other interested people as well,I agree they are somewhat generalized)are coming true this year!Yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete