Friday, September 3, 2010

A poet, but only for a while...

India's biggest male star Amitabh Bacchhan is able to bring meaning to this very beautiful song. The fact that his father the late Dr. Harivansh Rai Bachchan was a famous Hindi poet, probably helped him to do some nice poetic roles of his career.


Well, the song was sung by the very talented and evergreen singer Mukesh, but Mr Bachchan has truely performed well here.

Main pal do pal ka shayar hoon,pal do pal meri kahaani hai, pal do pal meri hasti hai, pal do pal meri jawani hai...

By the way,the poet, the very talented Sahir Ludhianvi should get a lot of credit here as he is the man who wrote the beautiful Urdu words which Mr Bachchan is seen using to emote in the visuals.

He's basically saying that he's a poet,but his story, his existence, his youth will last only for a while.

Umm...quite wisely said.

Check out the translation...

I'm a poet only for a moment or two...

My story is only for a moment or two

My existence, whole being is only for a moment or two

My youth is only for a moment or two

Many poets came before me, and then departed;

Some went sighing, And some went singing songs.

They were only the story of a moment in time; I too am only the story of a moment.

Tomorrow I will be separated from you, But for today, I'm a part of you. I'm a poet of a moment or two, not more.

Tomorrow new songs will arrive, Fresh blossoms will be plucked.

There will be better storytellers than me,

And better listeners than you.

Tomorrow, someone might remember me;

But why should anyone remember me?

For my sake, Why Should This Busy World Waste Its Time?

I'm A Poet Only For A Moment Or Two


Babetude also like some another Mukesh song Ek din bik jayega maati ke mol which asks the listeners to leave a legacy behind...


Ek din bik jaaegaa, maatii ke mol jag mein rah jaaenge, pyaare tere bol duuje ke hothon ko, dekar apane giit koii nishaanii chhod, phir duniyaa se Dol ik din bik jaayegaa maati ke mol

And the meaning of the same is:

A day will come when you will get sold for the price of clay. All that will be left in the world will be what you have said. So, give your songs to someone's lips. Leave a mark, then leave this world.

Wow,giving people a reality check and great advice,but packaging it as a wonderful song. Very intelligent, must say.

Babetude admires the poets, philosophers and the truely wise who always ended up finding the true meaning of things all the time. And things just turn out to be almost universal then and now.

Like how I said in my previous posts,we only seem to realise things as we turn a little older and a little wiser.

Babetude personally is very happy that she's getting enlightened in her 20s itself, rather then waiting to be so in her 30s and 40s. In fact if it was sooner than that, it would have been better.

Looking forward to the times to come to learn even more, but definitely not the hard way, again!

The sooner you get wisdom the better it is. Drifting makes no sense and wisdom gives one clarity, direction and better choices. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment